TYTAN – Extreme Climate Insulating Foam Sealer – 20oz/can
- Innovative, low-pressure, interior & exterior sealant that is specifically formulated for use in the widest range of climates & temperatures
- It may be used in temperatures from -4°F-100°F but the can temperature must remain at 41°F-86°F
- Its innovative high-yield formula offers a superior R-value which reduces energy consumption and contributes to
- LEED’s energy-saving standards
- It has premium adhesion abilities to most construction materials including wood, metal, masonry, glass, and most plastics so your gaps and cracks will stay sealed during construction and climate changes
- Wearing work clothes, gloves, and eye protection is recommended. ;
- Use only with adequate ventilation or approved respiratory equipment.
- Clean the surface of oil, dust, and greases. For best results, and maximum yield, apply at temperatures 36°F-86°F. Use below 14°F is not recommended. Protect the area being sprayed with tape, cloth, plastic, or other material.
- Shake can vigorously for 30-45 seconds. Remove protective cap, invert can, and screw the can firmly onto the TYTAN dispensing gun – do not over tighten. Maintain the can in an upside-down, inverted position during the application of the foam. Point the gun in a safe direction and slowly pull the trigger to test the dispensing flow rate. Adjust control knob on gun handle to achieve the desired application flow. Fill cavities partially as the foam will expand- do not overfill. Do not apply to spaces with inadequate moisture and humidity.
- Spray water onto uncured foam for better results. 6. You may cut the foam after 40 minutes, cures in 6 hours (40% R.H. at 68°F). Higher humidity and temperatures will speed up the curing process. Cured foam can be cut, sanded, or painted. Always paint foam that is exposed to UV radiation.
Gun Cleaning: Only use TYTAN Universal Cleaner in well-ventilated areas or with approved respiratory equipment. Use TYTAN Universal Cleaner’s spray nozzle to spray any uncured foam off the end of the gun applicator nozzle into a trash can or a throwaway material. Remove the used foam canister from the gun applicator and spray all external uncured foam with TYTAN Universal Cleaner. Screw the TYTAN Universal Cleaner canister onto the gun and spray the cleaner through the gun to clean uncured foam out the inside of the gun barrel. Leave the TYTAN Universal Cleaner canister screwed onto the gun applicator. Tighten the control knob on the gun’s handle so no air can enter the barrel of the gun. Air entering the barrel of the gun for more than 2-3 minutes will decrease the efficiency and life of your gun.
Foam Clean up: Spray any uncured foam with TYTAN Universal Cleaner and wipe away with a disposable material. You may also use nail polish remover, acetone, or paint thinner for easy clean-up of uncured foam. Cured foam cannot be removed with solvents. Cured foam must be removed mechanically and may leave a residue. Cured foam can be removed from the skin using an industrial cleaner with pumice or petroleum jelly. The cured foam will wear away over time and is not harmful to health.
TYTAN Universal Cleaner: For your safety, please follow the instructions provided on the backside of the TYTAN Universal Cleaner label.
Cutting Time: 40 minutes
- Fully Cured: 48 Hours
- Optimal Application Temperatures: 32°F-86°F
- Minimum Application Temperature: 14°F
- Shelf Life: 12 Months from production date on the bottom of the can
|TYT3823||TYTAN - Extreme Climate Insulating Foam Sealer -(20oz)||12/ctn.|