Trim-Tex Fire Bead
Trim-Tex® Fire Bead is a ﬁre rated wall mount deﬂection bead that provides 1- and 2-hour ﬁre-ratings for both dynamic and static joints according to UL-2079 5th edition (for both standard walls and shaft walls) and is sound tested according to ASTM E90.
For easy installation, Fire Bead features a tear away strip that keeps mud off of adjacent building surfaces during install, no masking required. Simply remove tear away strip after installation for a clean finished edge.
- Best for bottom-wall and vertical joints in concrete assemblies (usually residential) where 1- and 2-hour ﬁre-rating is needed for both dynamic and static joints.
- 2 flexible fins provide 2 sealing points one against the concrete deck and one against the framing member. A hidden intumescent tape expands when activated by heat from fire.
- Pink in color so it is easily identified by the inspector as a UL certified fire-rated drywall accessory.
- Provides a seal against uneven concrete and during deflection movement to prevent cracking of the finish at the head-of-wall detail. Best for when less than ¼” of movement protection is needed.
- Product lasts the lifetime of the assembly as it will not shrink or harden over time.
- Tear away strip for clean and easy installation.
- Can be installed post-drywall hanging.
Documents / Schematics
|SKU||Name||Pieces Per Box|
|TT9250||1 HR Fire Rated Wall Deflection Bead 10' (5/8" Return Leg)||12|
|TT9260||2 HR Fire Rated Wall Deflection Bead 10' (1-1/4" Return Leg)||12|